Saturday 22 September 2012

 
My Disillusioned View

Soaring prices for a room and a bed,
Give me bamboo, leaves and a deck,
Dispose of new luxuries, candle light, low rent,
My guests will fly free of course,
No small talk, they'll feast on my flesh,
You ever see a man smile while he hangs?
Just find a rhythm, with an eye on the ground,
Hours of wisdom lost in a cloud,
A multitude of questions unravel and compound,
Char-grilled pizzas, raw eggs and spam,
Adjusted to my taste, but that’s not why I came,
Always an expert bringing me down,
Consider happiness in my uncomplicated land,
Talk to me freedom, show me your plan,
My fate is your pleasure, if I can just hang around,
Watch the lights flicker, I’ll count them in sand,
Arrest me with flora, take the sap from my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment