Saturday 22 September 2012

 
Boat Girl

I rode a boat on a restless sea,
While my restless mind gave chase to me,
I didn’t sleep before my trip,
For fear I might miss my lift,
Kept my peepers hid behind a shroud,
Conditions shaky thanks to crazy nights,
Positions threatened by a reckless mind,
I rode a boat on a restless sea,
While my restless eyes took focus on she,
Became apparent I wasn’t alone on this ride,
When inspiration sat down at my side,
I came together sensing more than a smile,
Talked quite frankly about life on a wire,
She rapped freely of a slow boat to China,
I listened intently, regarded her highly,
We rode this boat on a restless sea,
My restless impulses got the better of me,
What I mean is I stayed under my sheet,
Hot blood, she’s inside, but I’m free,
Minds racing, it’s easy to breathe,
Kindred spirits, hungry passions to feed,
We rode this boat on a restless sea,
This boats a rockin’ the rhythm of heartbeats,
Now I’m rolling to a wishful daydream,
Deluded visions, my world’s not as it seems,
Destinations clouded by the taste of a kiss,
I’ll blame the heat of an unrepentant sun,
Was I guilty of jumping the gun?
Knew myself it’s not quite my style,
Chanced a feeling that left me exiled,
I rode a boat on a restless sea,
There’s nothing but oceans waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment