Saturday 22 September 2012


A Man of Many Shadows

I’m a man of many shadows,
But the sun don’t shine on me,
I used so many nice girls,
But you’ll find I’m not all fiend,
Take my Lisa she was ample,
She told me wait and see,
She told me soon I’d love her,
That love would set us free,
I told her I want corrupting,
So live your rock n’ roll dream,
She said she’s sorry baby,
But I’d advanced beyond her scene.

I cried corrupt me, I’m not a fiend,
Corrupt me, I feel obscene, I cried corrupt me,
Confront your dreams, just don’t upset me,
Listen to you scream.

I may not be a rich man,
But I’ve wealth beyond my dreams,
I’m surely not a preacher,
But a dark soul underneath,
I had my taste of freedom,
Her name was Lady Eve,
She said she’d teach me manners,
So I could touch her gentilly,
I said I’d try and listen,
Then took her without a kiss,
Again they’d tried to help me,
I’d advanced beyond the scene,
Now I think I realise,
I’m more of less all fiend.

1 comment: